Effective Date: July 2021
Last updated: December 2022
Your trust and confidence in Fundid Inc. is extremely important to us. Therefore we strive to be transparent, responsive, and respectful in all our practices. Your privacy is important to us. To better inform and protect you, we are providing this notice explaining our online information practices.
By using our site, Services, features, and information available through such use you expressly agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our site, services, features, or the information available through such use, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include but is not limited to your name, email, phone number, and the company you work for.
You may be required to establish an account in order to take advantage of certain features of our site or certain Services. If you wish to establish an account, you will be required to provide us with information (including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information).
In addition, we may obtain your personally identifiable information from you if you identify yourself to us by sending us an e-mail with questions or comments.
Depending on your use of our site or Services, the collected information is of two types:
- Personally identifiable information – information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Examples of personally identifiable information include your name, IP address, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and billing and credit card information.
- Non-personally identifiable information - information, any single item of which, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, including demographic information (i.e., age, profession, company industry, gender, current location, or zip code), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and statistical data involving the use of our site. Certain non-personally identifiable information may be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered non-personally identifiable information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-personally identifiable information (for example, your account preferences).
In addition to the information described elsewhere in this notice, we also collect certain information which we deem necessary to operate and continuously provide and improve our site, services, and features. The information collected includes:
- By using our Services, you agree to receive emails from us regarding our Services. We may from time to time send you email messages with information about your use of our Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt-out” in the subject line or by selecting to unsubscribe as may be provided in the applicable email correspondence.
- Your Use of Our Site, Services - Information about how you use and interact with our site including the pages of http://www.getfundid.com that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Log Data – Non-personally identifiable information through your log files including computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, and other information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit http://www.getfundid.com.
- Cookies and Tracking Technology - Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this information, as well as the overall use of our site.
Use of Information
We do not sell any data, including your personal data. We will only use your information to improve our site, Services, and features and may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials. You can opt-out at any time.
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. If you registered with us, we must collect certain personal data from you in order to provide you with access to certain portions of our site and Sevices. When you create an account, you will have been asked to indicate your agreement to provide this data in order to access our services. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
We retain the right to disclose or provide access to your information and any information we collect to employees, independent contractors, vendors, and suppliers (collectively, “third parties”) to provide specific services and products related to our site or Services. We require these third parties to protect the privacy of your personally identifiable information consistent with this policy and not use or disclose your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than providing us with products or services for which we contracted or as required by law. Any breach by a third party shall render the third party, and not us, liable for any and all damages.
If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this policy, please do not use our platform.
Storage & Security
We will only retain your information for as long as is reasonably required for you to use our site and/or to provide you with the Services unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, remember that no method of exchange and transmission of data and information over the Internet (whether receiving or transmitting) is 100% secure. Additionally, no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to collect, protect and store your Personal Information, whether by us or by a third party vendor, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If this inherent risk is not acceptable to you, please do not access or use our site, Services, features, or the information available through them.
- Opt-out - Contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications from us; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling based on your use of our site; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; or (iv) any additional processing of your personal data. Please note that, upon opting out, your use of certain portions of our site, Services, features, and/or information accessible through them may be rendered ineffective.
- Access - You may access and review the data we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
- Amend – You may update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data by accessing your account or by contacting us directly.
- Delete – When the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data by contacting us directly.
Limitations Based on Age
We are committed to protecting the privacy of minors. Our site and Services are not designed for or directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know who is under the age of 18.
By using our site, Services, features, and information available through such use you certify that you are 18 years of age or older.
California Consumer Privacy
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us. Upon receiving a request, we will verify your request using the information provided to us, including your email address. Government identification may be required. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
Some of the sections of this site will allow you to purchase different products and services online provided by other merchants, and not us. Some of the links that we post on our site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.*
We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. In addition, a merchant will likely have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their site or on a site that we have posted a link to, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and credit card number, may be collected the merchant and us. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly.
*Disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Fundid is committed to making our website’s content accessible and user-friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please email our team at email@example.com with “Disabled Access” in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement.
We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user-friendly.
Affiliate Compensation Disclosures
These Affiliate Compensation Disclosures (the “Disclosures”) are provided by Fundid, Inc. (“Fundid,” “we,” or “our”), and apply to www.getfundid.com (both the mobile and online versions) and all of our other digital properties, including, without limitation, The Friday Fund, Grants for Growth, The Fundid Podcast (collectively, the “Properties”).
Like most digital media companies, we have financial relationships with various affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, and other third parties (collectively, “Affiliates”) whose products, services, and messaging are described in, or appear on, our Properties. We provide these Disclosures to you because we believe in transparency, and we strive to comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising, which are codified at 16 C.F.R. Part 255.
Fundid often receives monetary and other forms of compensation from Affiliates for various advertising, sponsorships (such as sponsored posts or sponsored stories within our editorial content), insertion orders, commercial messaging, editorial inclusions, and other promotional campaigns that we feature on our Properties. Thus, there is often a paid connection between Fundid and an Affiliate with respect to a product, service, or company mentioned, reviewed, or recommended on our Properties. If you ultimately decide to purchase a product or service mentioned on our Properties, we may receive additional compensation from an Affiliate in connection with that purchase. This is called an affiliate link. And, in cases of third-party ads posted on our Properties, we will generally receive some compensation from the third-party advertiser even if you do not purchase anything.
Whenever there is such an Affiliate relationship, we do our best to clearly and conspicuously disclose it adjacent to, or within the, content. For example, such a disclosure may state: “This is a sponsored/affiliate post.”
Please be assured that we try to provide true and accurate statements regarding any products, services, or companies mentioned, reviewed, or recommended by Fundid on our Properties, regardless of whether the company is an Affiliate. And, regardless of any affiliations, we only recommend products, services, or companies that we use personally or believe will be good for our members.
Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these Disclosures, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.