If you’d like to make a difference in the world, starting a business is a great way to do so. This is especially true if you’re interested in ECOpreneurship, a type of business model that’s focused on improving sustainability, committing to environmentally friendly practices, and working to reduce the dangerous impacts of climate change. Here at Fundid, gender equality is our primary focus; however, we understand that protecting the environment is one of the most important ways to raise women up, especially those in countries most affected by the climate crisis. Here’s a look at a few ways you can create a business that puts the planet first:
Your business can only make a difference if it survives: here’s how to get off to the right start.
- Craft a mission statement that helps you understand and explain your company’s goals.
- Figure out whether it makes sense for you to register your business as an LLC (a Montana formation services can handle this task).
- Your first employees will set your business’s tone, so find the right people by follow this link.
- Take a look through these new business best practices in order to make sure you build a strong foundation.
The choices your company makes every day are your biggest opportunities for protecting the environment.
- Wherever possible, use recyclable or compostable packaging, and let customers know how to best dispose of it.
- If you’re serving food, try to source as many ingredients locally as possible to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Make your office or shop sustainable by providing opportunities for employees to reuse, recycle, and compost.
Remember that you’re part of a wider system: Here’s how to make a difference on a global scale.
- Investigate your entire supply chain to ensure all products are created with ethics and environmentalism in mind.
- Fund organizations that promote environmental activism and education.
- Support politicians and businesses that take environmental practices seriously and make effective moves to protect the planet.
When you build eco-friendly practices into your business from the very beginning, you make your company a powerful tool in the fight against climate change. Industry is the leading cause of pollution and damage to the planet — therefore, businesses must be among the voices fighting for the shift toward environmentalism. Be the change you want to see and get started on your ECOpreneur journey today!