The intent of the Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Program (Program) is to provide relief to small business and nonprofit organizations that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the related health and safety restrictions.
The Program will provide $7.5 million in grants to eligible small business and nonprofit organizations. Eligible applicants may qualify for grants of $10,000 each in one-time direct financial assistance. This is a grant program, not a loan, so funds will not need to be paid back.
How do I Qualify?
- The business is operated from a commercial location within the unincorporated Sacramento County.
- Business was open and operating as of March 1, 2020.
- Business is currently open and operating and intends to remain open.
- Business experienced negative economic impacts as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the related health and safety restrictions.
- Business has an active Sacramento County business license that was issued on or before March 1,2020. (Renewed business licenses issued after March 1, 2020 are acceptable. If you need to renew or obtain a copy of your business license, please contact Sacramento County’s Office of Economic Development at Covid19.BusinessAssistance@saccounty.net.)
- Business is independently owned and operated.
- Business employed between 1 and 25 full-time equivalent employees as of March 1, 2020 and currently employs between 1 and 25 full-time equivalent employees.
- Business earned between $1,000 and $2.5 Million in annual gross revenue on my 2020 tax return.