A local grant program offers funding to support Black and Latinx-owned small businesses in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) grant fund is focused on improving business success, job retention, and job creation for minority-owned businesses.
- Grants up to $25,000 are available.
- Eligible uses of grant funds are special projects and general operating expenses such as salary, wages, lease, rent payments, working capital, and capital expenditures.
How do I Qualify?
- Businesses must be Black- or Latinx-Owned.
- Businesses must be located in Forsyth County and in operation as of January 1, 2022.
- Businesses’ gross annual sales must not exceed $1 million.
- Businesses must have at least 1 but not more than 25 full-time employees.
Applicants should read the entire criteria and gather supporting documentation before submitting an application.