Grants for Entrepreneurs
Find your next grant to grow your business.
The purpose of this program is to foster greater economic development activity in Texas by encouraging and enabling woman-owned small businesses to undertake new and innovative projects. A total of $125,000 (25 grant awards) is available for this round of funding.
How do I Qualify?
- Existing or to-be-formed woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents) with five or fewer employees may apply.
- The business must be located and operated within the state of Texas.
- The business must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP, LLC, or sole proprietorship. Non Profit Organizations (501(c) 3 & 501(c) 6) are not eligible.
- If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
- All sales, payroll, and other taxes must be current.
- Business owner(s), must not have any felonies or conviction of a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust.
- The business, business owner, and applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
- The business, business owner, and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws. Please check the Texas Taxable Entity Search page to verify your business is in good standing with the state: https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/
*TWU faculty/staff (or immediate household members) students, trustees, advisory committee members and past grant recipients are not eligible to apply.