Grant Amount : $20,000
Small businesses in Bluffton, South Carolina can apply for grants of up to $20,000 this month. The Small Business Assistance Grant Fund is open to local businesses that employed less than 50 team members as of March 1, 2020. The program is funded through federal recovery funds, so other eligibility criteria applies as well. Eligible companies can submit applications until May 9.
How do I Qualify?
A Bluffton business is eligible for funding if:
- The business employed fewer than 50 full-time employees on March 1, 2020.
- The business is a small, for-profit business as defined in Section 3 of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 632); independently owned and operated and not dominant in its field of operation, meaning it does not exercise a controlling or major influence in a kind of business activity in which a number of businesses are engaged.
- The business is currently and has been in business since at least March 1, 2020.
- The physical place of business is located within the boundaries of the Town of Bluffton, South Carolina.
- The business had a valid business license as of March 1, 2020, and has a current business license in the Town of Bluffton at the time of their application for this grant.
- The business suffered from business interruption caused by the response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- The business suffered economic loss (excluding loss covered by insurance or reimbursed by a federal, state, or local program) and has paid eligible expenses for costs incurred from March 3, 2021, to March 1, 2022. Such loss was demonstrated by one or more of the following indicators of economic loss because of the response to the COVID 19 public health emergency:
- Decreased revenue or gross receipts (because of closures due to mandates or staffing shortages caused by COVID-19)
- Increased costs (in response to the COVID-19 health and safety measures)
- Reduced capacity to weather financial hardship (diminished capital reserves)