37 Angels GrantVisit Grantors Website and Application
We are sector and geography agnostic as you can see from our portfolio. Note that as of June 2020, of our 68 portfolio companies:
- 55 are technology startups
- 9 are consumer packaged goods
- 1/3 are B2B, 1/3 are B2C, 1/3 are both
- 70% are NYC based (this reflects our deal flow rather than a specific preference)
How do I Qualify?
What do you look for in startups?
- Impressive teams in attractive markets: Since we invest early, the team is paramount.
- Traction: You should have at least 6 months of customer data. Most of the companies we fund have between $50K-500K in revenue.
- Stage: We are seed investors. Usually we invest in companies valued between $3-8M raising between $500K-$2M.
- In person pitch: Our pitches are in NYC. We feel that being in person gives the entrepreneurs the best chance at getting funded.
Is there a sector you won't invest in?
- We tend to stay away from hits based industries: retail brands, games, movies, etc.
- We tend to stay away from extremely high capital cost and long regulatory timeline industries: life sciences, clean energy, etc.